Saturday, August 25, 2012

Back to the Motherland!



Sorry there has been no activity this week, it has been busy at the bakery and the magazine on top of getting ready to go out of town. As many of you know, we are heading to Ireland tomorrow!  As a Christmas gift, my parents are taking me, Andrew and my two brothers, JP and Greg to Ireland!  I guess the intent of the trip is to stumble upon the city of Dublin to watch Notre Dame play Navy in football.  Although I enjoy sports, I'm more excited about traveling through the country, seeing the sites and eating the local grub. Here are a few things I hope to accomplish while in Ireland....I'll update you once I return.

1. Try to consume as much food as I possibly can.  
2. See the Queen Mum, William, Kate and Harry.  Now I know that Ireland is not part of the UK, but this is the closest I have ever been to the royal family...I believe increasing my chance of running into them.
3. Work on my Irish accent.  Right now I sound like a Jamaican person attempting an English accent. It's appalling.
4. Keep a daily count of the number of redheads I see. Now this is my most important goal.  Obviously this will add to my future book about redheads...I want to know if there really are more redheads in Ireland!
5. Someone mistake me as a local.  This will depend on how good my accent gets and how many redheads there truly are.

Updates and pictures to come once we return!

1 comments:

  1. Enjoy the trip and take lots of pictures! Will you try to update your blog while on the trip?

    -jonathan

    ReplyDelete