Thursday, May 8, 2014

Homemade Sushi


I can eat some serious sushi.  And by that, I mean a lot.  We have reached the point where Andrew and I can no longer just go out for sushi and order a few rolls.  Nope, no longer our style.  At this point, we can only go to all-you-can-eat sushi buffets.  Glutenous or amazing?  I will go with amazing.

Since we love sushi so much, I thought I would try to make some at home.  It was so easy!  I do happen to have a sushi making kit, which includes a rolling mat.  This is one tool you absolutely need to make sushi at home. Another thing to note, make sure you get sushi rice, it makes a world of difference!  For a healthier option, get short grain brown rice.

My kit came with a "how to" book, so I received instructions from that.  But you could just as easily watch some youtube videos to get tips.  For Andrew, I made rolls with teriyaki salmon and avocado.  For me, I made veggie rolls. The great thing about sushi is that you can make so many different varieties!


 My ingredients

 Dinner time

0 comments:

Post a Comment