Thursday, September 20, 2012

Honeycrisp Apples

This short post is dedicated to my second favorite food, the honeycrisp apple.  You may be wondering what my favorite food is, well its a chocolate chip cookie, but I'll post about that later.

The most wonderful thing happened to me yesterday.  Some background first.  I love apple season.  And when I say love, I mean lovvvvvvvve.  Nothing makes me happier knowing that I have an in-season, glossy, sweet apple waiting for me in the fridge for a snack. On the contrary, nothing makes me more unhappy than biting into an apple and having that nasty mealy texture all in my mouth (click the link, this is how I feel).  Ew.  Actually I can think of one thing worse than a mealy apple...Andrew eating my honeycrisp apples!  How terrible of a wife am I, I can't even share an apple with my husband?  Ahh tangents! Anyway, I used to go apple picking every year in Ohio when I was little and started going again while living in North Carolina. It is a tradition that I love, but have not been able to do the past few years from living in Memphis, we just don't have apples like the NC mountains. 

For any apple lovers out there, and I mean seasonal apple lovers (there is a difference), you will know that honeycrisps are in season now, and maybe even started selling late August since most crops have been coming early this year from the heat.  Knowing this, I have been going to four different groceries the past two weeks on a hunt for honeycrisp!  Well I finally found some yesterday and spent way too much money on them.  For the next three months, you will rarely see me without an apple.

Beautiful apples waiting for me in the fridge


0 comments:

Post a Comment