Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Pasta Party

Last Thursday night Andrew and I decided to throw a big pasta party!  We have been so busy the past few weeks, that we have not had a chance to see many of our friends.  So we invited a whole bunch of friends from church and work to come over on Saturday evening.  Being Italian, and also loving anything Italian (obsessed is probably the better word), means I always revert back to Italian cooking when I am in a bind. Since this party idea was so last minute, it seemed only normal to make it pasta themed.
Something that I have really come to love over the past few years, is making any sort or carb from scratch.  Pasta, flatbread, loaf breads... you name it! One in particular, from the pasta category, is gnocchi.  Yep, potato pasta.  It is one of the delightful Italian dishes that I enjoy most in life.  Well since I love it so, I decided to make some for the party! I bet right now you are thinking to yourself, what else was on your menu this weekend Meghan?  Well let me tell you....

Sauces:
-Red sauce (I guess this would be marinara sauce, but for some reason I call it red sauce)
-Pesto sauce
-Meatballs and red sauce
Pastas:
-Gnocchi (not truly a pasta, more like an Italian dumpling)
-Bowtie
-Spaghetti

We made the party somewhat of a buffet style.  I made all the pastas separate from the sauces and let people mix and match.  It actually turned out pretty well and feed about 20 people...I guess nothing compared to Jesus feeding 5,000, but it will do. With all these delicious Italian components and great friends, we certainly had a wonderful time at the pasta party.

Gnocchi

Cutting gnocchi...

Rolling out more gnocchi...

Dan, Agound and baby Anniah. Some of my co-workers

More co-workers. Janine and Tyson

Close up of baby Anniah






Boone acting as bouncer for the night

Brother and sister, Justin and Gloria

0 comments:

Post a Comment