Monday, April 15, 2013

Meet Meyer


I recently started working Monday-Friday...like most of the world.  For the past year and a half I worked Tuesday-Saturday which meant I always missed the big farmers market on Saturday morning.  But now that I am off on Saturdays, I plan to take full advantage of our market and be there every weekend!

The Memphis Farmers Market opened the first weekend in April.  Although our April mornings have been wrapped with a chill, I was encouraged to see so many people at the market when it opened at 7.  I have a thing for farmers markets...they make me want to do a little dance.  Walking around, looking over the various produce and hand-made goods, people watching, eating...what could be better? Each week I always happen to stumble across something unexpected and not on my list. My big find at the market last week: Meyer lemons.

Have you ever tasted a Meyer lemon?  The unique flavor is very different from a lemon you find at the grocery.  Meyer lemons have a clean, mello, fresh taste without the tang of a regular lemon.  They are just devine and I couldn't wait to bake with them!

Well, since I'm officially vegan again (I know, snoreeeee), I decided to make some shortbread cookies with a Meyer lemon glaze.









1 comments:

  1. Vegan again? Congratulations! Is A joining you on this bandwagon?

    ReplyDelete