Monday, March 25, 2013

Birthday Week



It's finally here, the week we wait for all year.  And that's birthday week to be exact.  But my birthday week is special because Andrew and I share one.  Tomorrow Andrew celebrates his 26th year and next Wednesday I will be a quarter-century. It is crazy to think that we have now known each other for 6 years!  Time certainly flys.

Andrew has requested an ice cream cake.  After digging for some recipes, I have decided to make a version of this cake.  So after we go to dinner of his choice, probably BBQ, pizza or burgers, we will enjoy his cake and open gifts.

We are the low-key kind of birthday people.  Not into parties or big gatherings, maybe we will when we get older or once we have kids.  We are still trying to establish traditions for our family, and birthdays are under that umbrella.  Growing up Andrew's family always made cool posters/signs and hung them up around the house for the birthday boy or girl.  When I was a kid my mom always made us homemade cakes, usually ice cream.  We got to pick out our favorite ice cream flavors that my mom would use, it was something I was always excited about.

My present to Andrew last year....
This year there will be a coffee theme.  Something he has been interested in lately.

Pictures to come of our celebration!

0 comments:

Post a Comment