Thursday, March 7, 2013

Throwback Thursday: My family

Last Thursday I was inspired.



My good friend was instagraming pictures of us from middle school, college and all the areas in between.  When I asked why all the pictures, she replied as if the answer was so obvious.  Throwback Thursday.  I guess I was the last to get the memo about this weekly event on Instagram.

Thinking of how "Throwback Thursday" applied to my life, I began to reflect...

Both my parents have recently gone through old pictures and have emailed several to me. Born in separate NY boroughs (my mom in Brooklyn, my dad in Queens), my parents eventually met during their high school years in Rockaway Beach, Queens.  Below are pictures of my relatives-- grandparents, aunt, uncles, and parents as children.  If you have ever read A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, that is exactly how I picture the setting of these pictures.


My Poppy (my mother's father) is the man in the grey suit, what a stud.

My Aunt Chick and Uncle Phil's wedding.

My Nana--my mother's mother who gave me my red hair.


My paternal grandfather.

My paternal grandmother, with her brother.  They sang on the radio!

0 comments:

Post a Comment