Thursday, October 25, 2012

Rest Time



I have a problem that has developed in the past year that I am trying to find ways to alleviate it.  My problem?  Simply, I'm too busy.  I work a part-time and full-time job, am involved at church, am in a bible study, am trying to start writing freelance, blog, and that's all before I find time to dedicate to Andrew and our marriage, Boone, family and friends- from Memphis, Charlotte and every where else.  Sometimes I find myself not truly sitting down from the time I go to work till I have dinner.  That's not OK, at least, that's not how I want to live life.

Here is what I am trying to do to work on this issue.  I was inspired when I went to Dublin with my family and my mother and I went to this beautiful hotel for a formal tea.  I loved it so much.  I was so impressed that sitting down to enjoy a glass of tea each afternoon was a ritual engrained in many European cultures, why is that not something that happens in our country?  Well that's easy. Our country is full of workaholics who look down upon people who purposely rest--those people are deemed "lazy".  I am totally guilty and have a tendency to feel like other people are lazy if they aren't doing as much as me, which is terrible and wrong.  Well now I'm trying to become one of those "lazy" people by establishing my own personal tea time.

Around 4ish everyday, I am trying to make myself sit down with a glass of tea and just relax.  I believe it will help my sanity.  I'll keep you posted.  But to kick this goal off, I went to Teavana and purchased some Caramel Almond tea, and yes it is superb.  I made this recipe to accompany my tea yesterday.  The recipe is for grain-free PB Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites (i'm also trying to watch my sugar intake, that is a constant struggle).




My new tea, it smells incredible

I highly recommend Teavana. It's a bit pricey, but if you buy small quantities, it's not too bad.


P.S. Sorry you keep seeing the same plates and tablecloth, I'm sure you are sick of them!

0 comments:

Post a Comment